Adult Day Programs in Anne Arundel County, MD
At Providence Center, our adult day programs for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities offer comprehensive care that provides social interaction, skill building, and rich community experiences. Where needed, medical support and close one-on-one attention is offered.
Our activity programs strive to create a trustworthy environment that encourages the development of skills for a more independent life in our community. We offer regular activities that are fun and mentally stimulating, so families can rest assured knowing that their loved ones are learning and growing in a happy and safe setting. From crafts and games to regular exercise and day trips, people truly enjoy the care they receive at Providence Center.
Our adult day programs focus on two main services:
- Day habilitation – Providence Center offers a safe, healthy, and social environment for the adults in our day habilitation program. Some of the many services we provide include counseling, educational classes, and health monitoring by registered nurses.
- Senior care – Our senior care program encourages people who are ready to retire to participate in more leisure-based activities to stay socially engaged and mentally stimulated. We arrange a variety of daily activities to promote wellness and motivation among the individuals in our program.
To learn more about the adult day programs at Providence Center, please call (410) 766-2212 or contact us online today!
Our Mission at Providence Center in Arnold, MD
Providence Center is a non-profit organization supporting adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. One of our central values is community inclusion. At Providence Center, we believe in people. We believe that everyone should be a part of their community and have access to and enjoy the opportunities around them. Our unique person-centered approach allows people to direct the support they want to chart their future and achieve their goals.
To learn more about our mission at Providence Center, please click here.
Get Involved at Providence Center in Anne Arundel County
There are many ways you can support Providence Center. Whether you’re interested in becoming a donor, partner, or volunteer, you can make a huge impact on people’s lives. Providence Center is a non-profit organization, your contributions help people learn, grow, and advocate for the lives they want in Maryland.
Our Belief Statements
At Providence Center, we are motivated by the following beliefs:
- We believe that adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities can be contributing and engaged members of their families and communities.
- We believe that, with the right placement and support, people with intellectual and developmental disabilities can work in meaningful jobs, earn competitive wages, and contribute to the world around them.
- We believe that community is meant for every person, regardless of their ability, and every person should be afforded the opportunity to live, learn, and work in their community.
- We believe that our Direct Support Staff is the foundation of our work.
Talk to us today.