Providing a More Complete Life Experience with Full Membership in Our Community
For someone to be free to choose and achieve their life goals, they must have access to all the opportunities available to them in their community. This includes employment, education, and cultural enrichment, as well as the chance to develop the relationships that will support them along the way.
In our modern society people with intellectual and developmental disabilities still face challenges in accessing those opportunities for full community life. Knocking down these barriers is a cornerstone of Providence Center’s vision and is a collaborative effort with the individuals we serve and their families, our staff, as well as residential and day programs, and our community partners.
Our work focuses on:
- discovering each individual’s needs and goals for their life,
- finding a natural match between employment and other community opportunities with individual interests and abilities,
- building the skills needed to reach community goals,
- providing ongoing mentorship for those in community jobs,
- forging the community partnerships to create and expand opportunities for everyone we support.
Our goal is to empower individuals to create a better future for themselves and, through their contributions, build a better community for all of us.
To learn how your loved one can have the support they need to succeed and enjoy all our community has to offer, please contact us today at 443-848-2757.
Talk to us today.