Adult Day Programs in Anne Arundel County, MD
At Providence Center, our adult day programs for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities offer comprehensive care that provides social interaction, skill building, and rich community experiences. Where needed, medical support and close one-on-one attention is offered.
Our activity programs strive to create a trustworthy environment that encourages the development of skills for a more independent life in our community. We offer regular activities that are fun and mentally stimulating, so families can rest assured knowing that their loved ones are learning and growing in a happy and safe setting. From crafts and games to regular exercise and day trips, people truly enjoy the care they receive at Providence Center.
Our adult day programs focus on two main services:
- Day habilitation – Providence Center offers a safe, healthy, and social environment for the adults in our day habilitation program. Some of the many services we provide include counseling, educational classes, and health monitoring by registered nurses.
- Senior care – Our senior care program encourages people who are ready to retire to participate in more leisure-based activities to stay socially engaged and mentally stimulated. We arrange a variety of daily activities to promote wellness and motivation among the individuals in our program.
To learn more about the adult day programs at Providence Center, please call (410) 766-2212 or contact us online today!
Adult Day Programs: FAQs
What are the benefits of adult day programs?
Adult day programs benefit both your loved one and their caretaker. Here are just a few perks:
- Serves as a safe, familiar place where your loved one can receive health services
- Encourages your loved one to spend time with others
- Offers supervised activities that can improve your loved one’s daily living skills
- Delays their need for a long-term residential care facility
- Offers your loved one’s caretaker a break
- And more!
How can I help my loved one adjust to an adult day program?
Time and patience will help your loved one feel comfortable at our adult day program. If they’ve previously expressed discomfort in group settings or they’ve become withdrawn due to health issues, they will need time to adjust to an adult day program. Be sure to give your loved one a chance to become familiar with his or her new environment before concluding if this program is or isn’t a good fit.
How do I find the right adult day center?
When choosing an adult day center, there are a number of factors to consider, including the staff, environment, programs, and type of services available. Here are some questions to ask when searching for the right adult day center:
- Does the center provide services for people with different types of
impairments as well as those in good physical health?
- Will the center evaluate the person’s needs, interests, and abilities?
- Does the center provide specific services for individuals living with
Does Medicare cover adult day programs?
Medicare covers medical care for Alzheimer’s patients; however, it does not pay for non-medical custodial care, like adult day programs.
In some cases, Medicare covers services offered through an adult day center. It covers mental health treatments like:
- Administration and monitoring of medication
- Recovery from a medical crisis when prescribed by a physician
- Outpatient mental health services by a clinic that provides adult day care
Does Providence Center provide medical care?
Yes, there are registered nurses on staff for any medical support that is needed.
Our Mission at Providence Center in Arnold, MD
Providence Center is a non-profit organization supporting adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. One of our central values is community inclusion. At Providence Center, we believe in people. We believe that everyone should be a part of their community and have access to and enjoy the opportunities around them. Our unique person-centered approach allows people to direct the support they want to chart their future and achieve their goals.
To learn more about our mission at Providence Center, please click here.
Get Involved at Providence Center in Anne Arundel County
There are many ways you can support Providence Center. Whether you’re interested in becoming a donor, partner, or volunteer, you can make a huge impact on people’s lives. Providence Center is a non-profit organization, your contributions help people learn, grow, and advocate for the lives they want in Maryland.
Our Belief Statements
At Providence Center, we are motivated by the following beliefs:
- We believe that adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities can be contributing and engaged members of their families and communities.
- We believe that, with the right placement and support, people with intellectual and developmental disabilities can work in meaningful jobs, earn competitive wages, and contribute to the world around them.
- We believe that community is meant for every person, regardless of their ability, and every person should be afforded the opportunity to live, learn, and work in their community.
- We believe that our Direct Support Staff is the foundation of our work.
Talk to us today.