Day Habilitation Programs for Adults in Anne Arundel County, MD
Day habilitation programs—the first step to community employment for adults with intellectual & developmental disabilities—are person-centered and give each participant more choices over their daily activities. The adult day programs at Providence Center offer these opportunities to the people we support.
To learn more about the adult day habilitation programs at Providence Center, call (410) 766-2212 or contact us online today!
What Are the Benefits of Participating in Day Habilitation?
Through the day habilitation programs at Providence Center in Anne Arundel County, people have the opportunity to direct the support they want to chart their future and achieve their goals. Day habilitation promotes independence and community integration by helping people advocate for the lives they want
—assisted by physical, occupational, or speech therapies as listed in their person-centered plan.
Day habilitation services help people be a part of their community and have access to and enjoy the opportunities around them. These services are flexible and can be provided almost anywhere in the community. These programs help people develop the necessary skills to pursue their goals and interests. People also participate in a work readiness vocational training program which prepares them for supported employment. Participants role-play and discuss job scenarios, receive travel training to their worksites, and have the opportunity to work in an internship situation in a community environment.
What Does a Typical Day Look Like in Day Habilitation?
There is no “typical day” in day habilitation. Each person’s day will be planned based on his/her individual needs and interests. Daily activities may include computer work, exercise, gardening, ADL skills training, volunteering, and job skill development—to name a few. Each day brings new experiences and opportunities for growth, independence, and integration. One of the great benefits of the day habilitation program is the opportunity for volunteering. Over the last few years, our program has promoted volunteerism to integrate people within the community. It’s a win-win situation!
With a focus on volunteerism, community inclusion, and functional life skills, Providence Center offers job training and supported employment that provide the skills needed to achieve greater independence.
Valued Outcomes from Day Habilitation
- Teaching daily living skills.
- Assisting with the development and maintenance of the functional skills required for self-advocacy, community integration, and employment.
- Teaching job readiness skills.
- Teaching people how to travel using public transportation.
- Accompanying people to various places in the community to access services.
- Promoting independence and individuality.
- Teaching money skills and telling time.
Our adult day habilitation programs operate Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m. at our Jean Bradbury Building in Arnold and our Cloverleaf Building in Millersville. For more information on the programs we offer at Providence Center, call (410) 766-2212 or contact us online today!
Thank You for Supporting Our Mission at Providence Center in Arnold, MD
Here at Providence Center, our mission is to enable people with intellectual and developmental disabilities to enjoy all of the vast opportunities they possibly can to become more fully integrated into the community. Without your support—whether through volunteering your time or donating your resources—we wouldn’t be able to achieve these goals.
At Providence Center, we are motivated by the following beliefs:
- We believe that adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities can be contributing and engaged members of their families and communities.
- We believe that, with the right placement and support, people with intellectual and developmental disabilities can work in meaningful jobs, earn competitive wages, and contribute to the world around them.
- We believe that community is meant for every person, regardless of their ability, and every person should be afforded the opportunity to live, learn, and work in their community.
- We believe that our Direct Support Staff is the foundation of our work.
Click here to learn more about how to support Providence Center by getting involved today.
Talk to us today.