Day Habilitation Programs for Adults in Anne Arundel County, MD
Day habilitation programs—the first step to community employment for adults with intellectual & developmental disabilities—are person-centered and give each participant more choices over their daily activities. The adult day programs at Providence Center in Anne Arundel County offer these opportunities to the people we support.
To learn more about the adult day habilitation programs at Providence Center, call (410) 766-2212 or contact us online today!
Benefits of Participating in Day Habilitation
Through our day habilitation programs in Anne Arundel County, many in our community have the opportunity to direct the support they want to chart their future and achieve their goals. Day habilitation programs promote independence and community integration by helping people advocate for the lives they want—assisted by physical, occupational, or speech therapies as listed in their person-centered plan.
Day habilitation services help people be a part of their community and have access to and enjoy the opportunities around them. These services are flexible and can be provided almost anywhere in the community. These programs help people develop the necessary skills to pursue their goals and interests.
Participants also learn work readiness through our vocational training program which prepares them for supported employment. Participants role-play and discuss job scenarios, receive travel training to their worksites, and have the opportunity to work in an internship situation in a community environment.
Day Habilitation Activity Calendar
While there is no “typical day” in day habilitation—each person’s day is designed based on his/her individual needs and interests—each day brings new experiences and opportunities for growth, independence, and integration.
Daily activities in our day habilitation program may include:
- Computer work
- ADL skills training
- Job skill development
One of the great benefits of the day habilitation program is the opportunity for volunteering. Over the last few years, our program has promoted civic involvement to integrate people within the community.
With a focus on volunteerism, community inclusion, and functional life skills, Providence Center offers job training and supported employment that provide the skills needed to achieve greater independence.
Valued Outcomes from Day Habilitation
- Teaching daily living skills.
- Assisting with the development and maintenance of the functional skills required for self-advocacy, community integration, and employment.
- Teaching job readiness skills.
- Teaching people how to travel using public transportation.
- Accompanying people to various places in the community to access services.
- Promoting independence and individuality.
- Teaching money skills and telling time.
Our Anne Arundel adult day habilitation programs operate Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m. at our Jean Bradbury Building in Arnold and our Cloverleaf Building in Millersville.
For more information on the programs we offer at Providence Center, call (410) 766-2212 or contact us online today!
Thank You for Supporting the Providence Center Mission
Here at Providence Center, our mission is to enable people with intellectual and developmental disabilities to enjoy all of the vast opportunities they possibly can to become more fully integrated into the community. Without your support—whether through volunteering your time or donating your resources—we wouldn’t be able to achieve these goals.
At Providence Center, we are motivated by the following beliefs:
- We believe adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities can be contributing and engaged members of their families and communities.
- We believe that with the right placement and support, people with intellectual and developmental disabilities can work in meaningful jobs, earn competitive wages, and contribute to the world around them.
- We believe community is meant for every person, regardless of their ability, and every person should be afforded the opportunity to live, learn, and work in their community.
- We believe our Direct Support Staff is the foundation of our work.
Click here to learn how to support Providence Center by getting involved today.
Talk to us today.